Wednesday, May 19, 2010

34 weeks down, 6 to go!

I can't believe Riley is going to be here so soon! I feel like we have so much left to get ready for her arrival. It is much harder to get things done this time around... huh, wonder why? Maybe it's our little 16 month old shadow :) We have made some more progress, though.

Ash finished painting the tree... We are still going to put a few fake, pink flowers in the tree. I just can't bring myself to pay $8 per flower... need a Michael's coupon or some cheaper fake flowers

The crib is put together, but not ready for a baby yet... two screws left to screw in and no mattress. The crib skirt we had made arrived... I can't tell if I love it yet. I need to see it with the mattress and sheet, so that it will be held in place. Right now it just sags and looks stupid.

Dresser is full of newborn clothes, blankets, and burb cloths, but no handles to open when with. You have to pry them open, being careful not the break all of your nails off in the process. The problem is that the top four drawers need pulls with the holes 2.5 inches apart and the bottom two drawers need pulls with the holes 3 inches apart. I can't find any of the same pulls with different hole widths! even online! I want some that are that antique rust color... Any suggestions?

I got crafty, with Brianna as my inspiration, and decoupaged some wooden letters with scrapbooking paper. When I finally got the nerve to do it, I called Chip and said that we needed to decide how we were going to spell the baby's name, so that I would get the right letters. He quickly enlightened me that either way we would need the same letters: Riley or Rylie. That is how quick my brain is working these days. I have to laugh at myself! Anyway, I think they turned out super cute and I can't wait to get them up on the wall. You can see that we got the changing pad and the cover came today!

As far as Hay Hay goes, she is doing great! Walking all over the place and speaking her own little language! She had strep last week, but has finished her antibiotic and is much better! She is ready for the summer, so she can swim and play with her sister :)

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to meet you Riley! (PS-That's how I think you should spell it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to meet her either. Her room is looking good. Ash did awesome of course! Hay is such a big girl....it looks like she is growing out of her highchair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so good Katy and Ashley!! Love the paint color and tree. The letters look awesome!! Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete