Thursday, July 16, 2009

"Call Liberty for your diabetus testing supplies..."








As some people already know, our cat, MOM, has diabetes or diabetus as we would say... She was diagnosed on June 15. We went back to the vet on the 17th for her first glucose curve to see how much insulin she needed... I went there to learn to give the shots (twice a day!) and find out that she needs half of a unit. As we are pulling out of the vet's office, another car and I slam into each other because shs is driving in the center lane... so, I wreck my car with the baby, my sister, Emily, and the cat in it. Thank goodness everyone was ok. My car- not so much. $9000 worth of damage! Anyway, Mom had to go back the vet for another glucose curve one week later and they tell us that she needs 1 unit twice per day and to come back in a week to see how that works. So, we go back again... This time they tell us she needs 2 units twice per day and come back in two weeks... Did I mention that this is costing about $100 each time we go, not counting the $500 we spend when she was diagnosed. So, I took her yesterday and now we are at 3 units twice per day! AND we have to go back in a week! UGH!!! So frustrating!

1 comment: